– Week 1 –
Welcome to our first class of Ayurvedic management and treatment (chikitsa)! We will the explore the subject of Ahara Chikitsa (dietary therapy) and focus on the recommendations around eating, meal preparation and overall diet in this class.
Objectives for the current week’s lesson:
- Overview of recommendations for the appropriate food choices and proper āhāravidhi (eating behaviors) in accordance with the prakṛti (individual constitution), vikṛti (pathological condition), guṇas (qualities), rasa (taste), ṛtu (season), agnibala (digestive strength), and vaya (age) of the client
- Overview of recommendations for the appropriate food and dietary guide lines to promote and restore balance based on prakṛti (individual constitution), vikṛti (Pathological condition), agni (digestive fire) and āma (undigested material)
- Overview of fasting and considerations for when it is appropriate
- Discuss the proper preparation techniques for food/meals
- Discuss the proper rituals of eating
- Discuss how to adapt diet to the season and age of a client
If you do not want to submit your homework using the form below, you can attach your assignment to an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
It is your responsibility to track your homework. We suggest that whether you use the form below or not, you still keep a copy of your assignment somewhere in your records.
Incorporate 1 eating ritual for this week and submit an overview of your experience and the effects on your mind/body.
Access the Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy, Ayurvedic Nutrition or Sister Science forums and answer 1 new student question about basic Ayurveda and perhaps in reference to ahara chikitsa (please copy/paste the question and your answer and submit to our homework email.