How do I apply for the program?
When does registration open?
Registration opens throughout the year at various stages. However, to ensure your spot in the upcoming trimester, we highly recommend enrolling before the start dates in January, April, and October. Each trimester, we can accommodate a maximum of 30 new students. Early enrollment is advised to secure your place in the program. If the available space fills up, we will initiate a waiting list for the subsequent trimester start date. Don’t miss the opportunity and enroll early to reserve your space! Request a brochure to get started and connect with an enrollment adviser.
Why is a recognized diploma in Ayurveda important?
YVI provides a renowned program designed to support students in establishing a strong foundation in the rapidly evolving field of Ayurveda. The future of Ayurveda may hold unpredictable changes, both politically and professionally. By enrolling in our recognized program, our students gain a significant advantage over others. Should you ever plan to relocate to a different state, completing a recognized program will aid you in meeting the upcoming licensing requirements.
A certificate from YVI holds substantial credibility, facilitating the development of valuable relationships with clients and healthcare professionals throughout your career. Our recognized program ensures a comprehensive and holistic education, leaving no gaps in your Ayurvedic knowledge. With a certification from YVI, you can be confident in your readiness to excel in the NAMACB exam and strive to become an Ayurvedic Professional of Excellence.
Am I likely to be successful at YVI?
To excel in the YVI professional program, students are more likely to achieve success if they possess the following qualities:
- Self-directed learners: The ability to take initiative and guide their own learning journey.
- Active engagement in a caring and enthusiastic learning community: Willingness to actively participate and contribute to a supportive learning environment.
- Proficiency in working independently in an online learning environment: Capability to thrive and progress in a virtual setting.
- Access to local clinical opportunities: Opportunities to gain practical experience and apply learned knowledge.
- Identify as a “self-starter”: Demonstrating a proactive and motivated approach to tasks and challenges.
- Preference for a distraction-free environment that values action and results: Focused on achieving goals with minimal disruptions.
- Independence as a learner, requiring limited handholding to complete tasks: Self-reliant in their academic pursuits.
- Trust in oneself to experiment and learn through hands-on experience: Willingness to learn by doing and explore new approaches.
- Reliable internet access: Ensuring consistent connectivity for seamless participation in online activities.
Who is not right for this program?
Yoga Veda Institute may not be the ideal fit for everyone. We prioritize our students’ success and encourage you to make the best decision for your needs and preferences.
Yoga Veda Institute may not be suitable for you if:
- You prefer one-on-one coaching over group learning.
- You require personal guidance before taking action.
- You seek personalized advice on Ayurveda to meet your specific needs.
- You need individualized feedback after each class.
- You are looking for a “quick certification” in Ayurveda, as we emphasize comprehensive learning.
- You lack regular, reliable internet access, as live classes are presented virtually, and offline viewing is not available for class recordings.
- You struggle with self-study or find it challenging to stay focused and on track in an online learning environment.
If any of the above points resonate with you, Yoga Veda Institute may not be the best match for your learning goals. However, if you are ready for self-paced and group-oriented online learning, we are here to support your journey in Ayurveda.
What personal support is provided for students?
We are committed to providing comprehensive support to all our enrolled students. Here are the support services we offer:
Student Support 1:1 Calls: Our students have the flexibility to schedule personalized 1:1 support calls with their dedicated student advisor at any time.
Weekly Office Hours: We hold weekly office hours, providing opportunities for students to connect with a student advisor on various days throughout the week.
Unlimited Email Support and Guidance: Students can reach out to us at any time through emails to receive prompt and unlimited support and guidance.
Personal Guidance & Counseling: We understand the importance of personal growth, and our team is here to offer individualized guidance and counseling to help students succeed.
Business Development Support & Coaching: For those pursuing entrepreneurial ventures, we provide specialized support and coaching to assist in the development of their business ideas.
At our institute, your success is our priority, and we are dedicated to offering the support and resources you need to thrive in your journey with us.
Will attendance in person ever be required?
Importance of Preceptors at Yoga Veda Institute :
At YVI we acknowledge the vital role that preceptors play in the educational journey of our students. As an institution, we do not require students to seek AAC recognition; hence, the in-person training requirement is waived for some our students.
However, we understand that for those seeking board certification under the AAC umbrella, in-person training becomes mandatory. In such cases, students are typically required to travel for training purposes. However, we offer an alternative option for those who prefer local training opportunities.
Our students have the opportunity to work with YVI pre-approved preceptors. These preceptors serve as invaluable mentors and guides, providing essential hands-on experience and guidance in clinical settings. By working closely with preceptors, students can gain practical insights and develop a deeper understanding of Ayurvedic practices.
For students who prefer not to travel or have limitations in doing so, the in-person requirement can be waived when working with a local, pre-approved faculty preceptor. Our preceptor program aims to facilitate a more accessible and convenient learning experience for students who opt for this pathway.
For further details on our Preceptor program and clinical placement options, we invite you to explore the “Clinical Placement” section of the Program Overview tab on our website. Should you require additional information about our clinical placement or preceptor program, please feel free to contact us. We are committed to providing our students with comprehensive support and guidance throughout their Ayurvedic education journey.
What if I am unable to travel due to personal circumstances?
Students have the flexibility to complete the full program either 100% online through our distance learning international program or through our AAC recognized program. The AAC program allows students to work with a local (pre-approved) faculty preceptor or gain clinical experience in a setting outside our network as a transfer student.
If you wish to explore the option of working with a pre-approved regional faculty preceptor in your geographical region, we encourage you to contact our admissions department. They will be delighted to provide you with further information and guidance on the preceptor program to ensure a smooth and enriching learning experience tailored to your preferences and needs. We are committed to supporting our students in every step of their Ayurvedic education journey.
Does this program meet the requirements for Ayurveda licensure in my state?
Currently, there are no licensing requirements for Ayurveda in any of the 50 states. However, as states begin to adopt licensing in the upcoming years, attending a school that has been reviewed and recognized by the Ayurvedic Accreditation Council (AAC) will become crucial for that process.
Students of Yoga Veda Institute (YVI) are well-positioned to become leaders in the field, with an easy and clear path to licensing when it becomes necessary. Our graduates can expect a smooth process towards licensure, thanks to the comprehensive education they receive at YVI.
Currently, graduates of YVI are eligible to sit for the National Ayurvedic Medical Association Certification Board (NAMACB) exam. By doing so, they are laying the foundation for the future licensure of the Ayurvedic Profession. We are committed to providing our students with the best education and preparation possible, ensuring they are at the forefront of the field and ready for any future developments in Ayurvedic licensure.
What percentage of graduates have passed the NAMACB exam?
I have earned a certificate in Ayurveda, but it wasn't an approved program. Can I skip the Health Counselor portion of the training?
At Yoga Veda Institute, the acceptance of transfer credits depends on each individual case. We carefully review all transfer credit requests on a case-by-case basis to ensure a fair evaluation.
If you are not yet a AAC certified health counselor, you would start by applying to and enrolling in the Ayurvedic Health Counselor program. This program provides a comprehensive foundation and prepares students to become Ayurvedic Practitioners.
For individuals who are already certified Ayurvedic Health Counselors through the AAC, we offer the Ayurvedic Practitioner Program. This advanced program builds upon their existing knowledge and expertise.
Transfer credits may be applicable based on prior academic achievements or relevant coursework, while life experience credits may also be considered depending on individual experiences and qualifications.
We are committed to supporting our students in their educational journey and recognizing their prior accomplishments to create a personalized learning path that aligns with their goals and aspirations in Ayurveda.
How competitive is entry into AHC and AP programs at YVI?
We have a limited capacity and accept a maximum of 30 new students per trimester. Once this enrollment capacity is reached, a waitlist will be created for future openings.
Our Open Enrollment Initiative ensures that all students with Ayurvedic aspirations can enroll in our program. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all, and there is no discrimination in the admission process. Anyone who feels called to Ayurveda is warmly welcomed to join our program. If our registration form is currently open and accepting new students, you can register today and embark on your Ayurvedic journey.
At any given time, we typically have over 300 certificate-seeking students at various stages of the program. This diverse and dynamic community fosters a rich learning environment where students can interact, collaborate, and grow together as they progress on their Ayurvedic path.
What will I need for my YVI registration?
To apply for admission, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of high school graduation: This can be in the form of a diploma, transcript, proof of completion of GED, or homeschool transcript. If you hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary academic institution, you can submit official transcripts directly from the school to waive this requirement.
- Government-issued photo ID: Please provide a valid photo ID for identification purposes.
- ALL transcripts for previously attended post-secondary education: This includes transcripts from colleges, trade schools, tech schools, universities, etc. All transcripts must be submitted, regardless of whether you believe transfer credits will apply. Official transcripts should be sent for transfer credit evaluations, but if you do not require or desire a transfer credit evaluation, unofficial transcripts will suffice.
- Language proficiency: If you are a native English speaker, no further action is needed. However, if English is not your first language, you must submit a TOEFL score of at least 88 or a Duolingo English Test score of at least 110 to demonstrate your English language proficiency.
- Active engagement in the Admissions process: We highly value your commitment and engagement during the admissions process. Promptly respond to communication requests from the Director of Admissions to ensure a smooth application experienceBy submitting these required documents and actively participating in the admissions process, you can take the first step towards joining our Ayurvedic program and embarking on an enriching educational journey.
Will YVI conduct an interview with all new students?
Not all new students will be required to participate in an interview. However, in some cases, the Director of Admissions may request a 1:1 interview, and if such a request is made, participation becomes mandatory.
If a student scheduled for an interview fails to attend without prior notice (“no-show”), no follow-up interviews will be permitted.
On rare occasions, a follow-up interview may be requested if deemed necessary by the Director of Admissions. Rest assured, any interview process will be conducted with the utmost consideration and professionalism, ensuring a fair and thorough evaluation of applicants.
Where should I have my previous school send my transcripts?
Please submit your official transcripts from an accredited college directly to Yoga Veda Institute. You can send them using one of the following methods (in order of preference):
- Electronically email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail them to the following address: Yoga Veda Institute, 2222 W. Grand River Ave Suite A, Okemos, MI 48864
Please ensure that your transcripts are sent directly from the institute to expedite the processing of your application. We look forward to receiving your documents and considering your application for admission to our institute.
What is the Refund Policy?
Before enrolling in our program, please carefully review and agree to our refund policy. Due to the limited number of students we can accommodate each trimester, acceptance into the program or being awarded a scholarship requires payment of the tuition in full. Students are held liable for the full tuition agreement at the time of enrollment.
Once you enroll, you commit to fully participate in the program. If, at a later date, you decide to discontinue the program, regardless of the reason, there will be no refunds for any tuition payments made.
It is essential to assess if this program aligns with your goals before enrolling, as no refunds will be granted after registration. We strongly advise you to research local, state, and national regulations related to Ayurveda in your geographical region before starting the program. We offer free clarity calls to assist you in this process.
Familiarize yourself with the required pre and co-requisites, case study & preceptor expectations, class calendar, and course load before enrolling. We offer prospective student info sessions for this purpose. As a student, it is your responsibility to be well-informed about these requirements, and no refunds will be provided for students who later find they are unable to fulfill them.
To understand if our school and program suit your learning style, we encourage you to participate in our community classes, free foundation classes, and other open enrollment offerings. Familiarize yourself with online learning, our teaching style, and program organization prior to enrollment. Refunds will not be issued to students who determine at a later date that our program or online learning does not align with their learning style.
We have a strict no-refund policy, and there are no exceptions to this policy. By enrolling in our program, you acknowledge and agree to abide by these terms. We are here to support your educational journey and encourage you to thoroughly assess if our program is the right fit for you before making a commitment.
Now Accepting New Students
Discover your true calling in the realm of holistic wellness, whether you're deeply passionate about it, eager to delve into Ayurvedic medicine, or aspire to make a meaningful impact in global communities. Our comprehensive programs seamlessly blend timeless wisdom with modern relevance, offering an extraordinary learning experience.