Clinical Ayurvedic Internship
This program offers lecture, clinical and experiential components in a supportive environment for those ready to further integrate Ayurveda into their personal lives and build confidence in their clinical practices.
Intimate Living, Learning, and Clinical Settings
Learn and Practice the Benefits of Ayurvedic Marma Chikitsa
Work with Ashtavidha Pariksha (methods of clinical examination) Including Pulse Diagnosis
Experience Ayurveda in a Clinical Setting
Learn Ayurvedic Medicine, Therapies and Herbal Remedies
Tuition : $4997
Caring for clients takes more than just knowledge, it takes working on our own self-healing and this program supports you in doing that through living day-to-day in an environment that embodies Ayurveda.
This immersion in the Ayurvedic lifestyle is truly a remarkable way to not only grow your knowledge and understanding of Ayurveda, but to really digest and apply it in everything you do. This program is a completely immersive experience of clinical Ayurveda. Students reside at the facility.
Accommodation, meals, and transportation needs related to the program are included and taken care of. The campus is built to Western standards with great quality drinking water, some green space, and meals based on Ayurvedic principles. Previous study of Ayurveda is required and each applicant’s experience is considered on an individual basis during an interview.
- Greeva Vasti, Kadi Vasti, Janu Vasti
- Swarasa kalpana (juice expressed)
- Kalka (paste form)
- Phanta (hot infusion)
- Panaka (drinks)
- Churna (powder)
- Kwatha (decoctions)
- Arka (distillation)
- Sandhana kalpana (alcoholic preparations)
- Sneha and taila kalpana (medicated ghee and oil preparation)
- Vasti kalpana (preparation of enema medicine)
- Visha dravya Shodhana (poison purification)
- Avalehya (confectionary preparation)
- Vati (tablets)
- Netra, Mukha, nasika and dhumapana kalpana
- Takra and gritha from milk (medical purpose)
- Face massage and facial
- Head massage (shiroabhyanga)
- Foot massage (padabhyanga)
- Udhwarthana (Powder massage with medicinal powder)
Kerala Specialty Massages
- Elakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal leaves)
- Navarakizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal rice)
- Podikizhi (bolus bag massage with medicinal powder)
- Abhyanga (oil massage)
- Pizhichil (oil bath)
- Shirodhara (Thailadhara, Ksheeradhara)
- Pregnancy massage and baby massage
- Traditional Kalari Marma massage
- Table massage
Here, the sunshine and the very air work as a healing balm, while a unique way of life celebrates this ancient tradition. Welcome to the home of Ayurveda. Welcome to Kerala. Ashtavaidyas, are traditional physicians who are experts in the eight branches of Ayurveda, as laid out in Ashtangahridayam, have contributed much to Kerala’s rise as a prominent center for Ayurveda.
The unique Ashtavaidya tradition is said to have evolved as a result of the centuries-old interaction between text-based Ayurveda practices and regional folk medical practices utilizing Kerala’s rich medicinal flora.
Dr. Abdurahaman Poilan
Dr. Abdurahaman Poilan started P.V.A. Ayurvedic Multi-Specialty Nursing Home at Kannur (South India) in the year 1994, which is a leading Ayurvedic treatment and training center in Kerala. An experienced Doctor, research scholar in the field of yoga therapy and meditation leads the yoga wing. He teaches patients with various yoga postures and meditation which assist in their healing process. Read More