– Week 10 –
In this lesson, we overview the care of the head and 5 senses with special focus on nasal medications (Nasya). We will conduct a review of the entire course as a preparation and aid to studying for the final assessment.
Objectives for the current week’s lesson:
Review and discuss recommendations and applications for preventative care for all the organs above the neck.
Discuss what is within the scope of practice for the councilor among the following treatments and interventions:
– Teach/demonstrate oil massage for head face, neck muscles
– Teach/demonstrate oleation for ears, nose, eyes and mouth
– Teach/demonstrate protection of the head/ face from extreme weather
– Prescribe diet, lifestyle and herbs to support the goal of pacifying the doṣas within the head
– Prescribe nasya (oleation of the nose) when appropriate to pacify the doṣas of the head and neck