Top 10 Reasons to do a Yoga Teacher Training in Mexico
Author: Jacky Rae
1. Experience a Whole New World – Many of our students have never ventured outside their home country before. Taking a Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) in a new country gives students the opportunity to explore a new environment in the safety of a group of people who all share the same interests. Mexico is an amazing country, full of beautiful people and natural surroundings. Unfortunately, the news in many countries doesn’t paint such a beautiful picture of Mexico and this simply is not an accurate depiction of the entire vast country. In fact, our small village is nestled in the mountains, on Mexico’s largest lake, surrounded by natural beauty with a median temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit year round. It’s also the nation’s largest pocket of people who, like you, come to live in Mexico for a short period of time. Experience the magic of Mexico with a group of people who will quickly become your new family.
2. Meet new friends – Or should we say, Family. After many years of offering our Intensive Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training Course, we’ve had the opportunity to stay in touch with many students throughout the years. It’s not uncommon for our group to plan reunions to reunite in years to come. Last year, one of our YTT groups with students from all corners of the globe gathered together again to all attend the wedding of one of their fellow YTT grads. That’s something that you’d only do for someone who’s like family.
3. Live Yoga, Dusk till Dawn – Think of a time in your life when you could truly unplug and disconnect from the outside world. This is a time for ultimate renewal. A time to go inside, and to truly connect with your natural rhythms. This is a time for you. This is one of the only times in your life where you’ll be able to truly, fully and completely experience what it means to LIVE your YOGA, from sunup until sundown. This is your time. Embrace it fully.
4. Fresh Organic Food – Mexico’s markets are unforgettable. Our weekly “Organic Market” (as it’s called by our locals) is a one of a kind experience. Because Ayurvedic Cooking is an integral part of the course, we schedule time each week between 10 am to 12 pm for students to explore the local market (this is the only time its open each week). Students can shop for all organic produce, homemade delicacies, fermented goodness, and an all-time favorite, homemade peanut butter. You’ll find a little bit of everything at this local hotspot.
5. Walk Everywhere – One great reason to jump into a training in Mexico, specifically our village, is that you can use your feet as your primary mode of transportation. The village is small and very walkable. Staying in town will allow you to take in all the cultural sites and you can easily bike, walk or bus to class.
6. Step Outside your comfort zone – Traveling alone is a scary thing. It’s also one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever have in your life. Period. When you step outside your comfort zone, that’s when the magic happens.
7. Experience Nature – Walking Meditations on the mountains. Crystal pyramid hot springs. The magical sunsets over Lake Chapala. Need we say more?
8. Self Inquiry – Ayurveda and Yoga are not meant to be learned in a classroom setting; they are learned through practical, personal, hands-on EXPERIENCE. Through a personal practice of self-inquiry, meditation, and intensive experiential practice, students are able to fully integrate the practices and teachings into their daily life. Living Yoga is not about reading a book; it’s about integrating the teachings into life through experience and self-inquiry.
9. Help Local Communities – Karma Service is an intrinsic aspect of our program and we combine local community volunteer work into each program. Students help at local orphanages, build playgrounds in neighboring communities or volunteer at a local animal shelter, just to name a few. Many students say that the opportunity to work in the local community is the highlight of their Mexico experience.
10. Expand your Network – You’ll meet teachers from all around the world. All of our students come from outside the country to learn together as one global community. Join a global community of lightworkers as we learn, grow and experience yoga and Ayurveda together as one family.
Interested in learning more?
If you'd like to connect with us, click the button below to schedule a 15-minute call with an Ayurvedic professional.
Download our brochure
Want to find out more about what we do at Yoga Vega Institute? Click the button below to download our brochure.